Assembly Production Team Leader
MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Team Leader to work in our Assembly Department.
This role reports into the Assembly Supervisor. The purpose of the role is to manage the resources to ensure the agreed work schedule is executed and business targets are met. Team leaders are responsible for all aspects of the performance of their production area.
Duties will include:
- Being responsible for all aspects of Health and Safety within the production area. This includes Risk assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
- Organising the production area in accordance with the demands of the invoice targets and work schedule.
- Ensuring that each team member understands the need to achieve the standard time set for each operation and how critical it is to the business that the times are met or reduced where possible.
- Achieving invoice targets and milestones, reporting any issues that may affect the completion date.
- Ensuring that all work processed in the department is to the required quality, investigating the cause of any non-conformance within the production area and focusing on preventive actions.
- Working with the Assembly Supervisor to implement methods to improve efficiency and quality.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Have experience working in a team and have very good people management skills.
- Have experience within a manufacturing environment and completed a relevant apprenticeship.
- Understand Health & Safety requirements, COSHH regulations and the importance of risk assessments.
- Have a good level of written and verbal communication skills and be able to communicate effectively.
- Possess the ability to persuade and influence people.
- Have a positive approach to work with the ability to motivate and direct others effectively.
- Have good organisation skills and be able to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Be IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative.