MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Bid Co-ordinator to work in our Bids and Proposals Department.
This role reports directly into the Head of Bids & Proposals. The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the co-ordination of all Bidding activity within the agreed work package, from receipt of enquiry to submission of bid.
Duties will include:
- Expedition of information and preparation of high-quality value propositions in response to Customer Invitation to Tender (ITT) documentation.
- Presentation of Customer requirements to wider stakeholder group and presenting Bid/No Bid recommendations to MacTaggart Scott board.
- Creation and maintenance of bid plans to support management action and response timescales.
- Participation in risk identification and risk review meetings.
- Preparation of escalation and cash-flow calculations.
- Prepare governance review documentation and gain stakeholder sign-off and presentation to Internal Approval Authority.
- Engagement with Customer representatives through proposal clarifications and negotiations.
- Review of contract documentation for consistency with the associated proposal.
- Input of estimating data into works management system in accordance with contract values.
- Prepare contract package and formally hand-over to executing team.
- Preparation and submission of quotations for the provision of spares, repairs, sub-assemblies and technical support services.
- Participate in Lessons Learned exercises when applicable.
It is expected that the role will evolve as departmental and business practices are updated to reflect the changing business strategies in a dynamic commercial environment. The post holder will be flexible in their approach and behaviours required of the role.
Essential skills, experience, and knowledge requirements:
- Experience working in a commercial environment.
- Awareness of commercial terms and conditions.
- Effective communicator.
- Knowledge of heavy engineering / mechanical equipment.
- Awareness of Risk Identification and Management processes.
- Ability to work on their own initiative, pro‑actively manage their workload and deliver to deadlines.
- Ability to build effective working relationships.
- Recognition of good Customer service.
- Strong numeracy and organisational skills and experience of using Microsoft Office packages.
Your future at MacTaggart Scott – What we offer you.
- As part of our Healthy Work-Life Balance employees can choose between a 4- or 5-day working week.
- Allowing you to fit work around your priorities and personal life, not the other way round.
- Flexible working hours between 07:00 and 19:00, and core hours of 09:30 – 15:30.
- Our leave policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, paid parental leave, military reservist leave, plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, with a dedicated Learning and Development team.
- At MacTaggart Scott, your health and safety is one of our top priorities, and our onsite H&S team take a rigorous approach in managing risks and protecting you. Our H&S committee meets regularly to carry out their own checks and discuss what MTS can do to improve our standards.
- A generous referral programme.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program and committee, as well as our Employee Assistance Programme, and an onsite nurse.
- Onsite Canteen and Car Park
MacTaggart Scott primarily supports the Naval Defence industry, providing complete solutions to customer needs from analysis of initial customer requirements, to design and manufacture, and right through to commissioning and through life support. Established in 1898, we are proud of our history and tradition, but believe that sustainable competitive advantage can only be achieved through continuous improvement, investment, and a commitment to business excellence at every level within the company.