Bid Support Engineer
This role reports directly into the Development Manager. The purpose of the role is to aid the Engineering Department’s response to a variety of enquiries and to prepare technical proposals for tendering purposes.
Duties will include:
- Interfacing with the Sales and Commercial Departments to understand the engineering requirements of prospective work.
- Production of concise and effective technical proposals in response to customer requests.
- Co-ordination of resources to achieve the required engineering input.
- Attending meetings with customers, including delivery of technical presentations and participation in engineering and commercial discussions.
- Developing standardised documentation packs, for proposal use, and trend analysis to assist in directing future company product development activities.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Have a BSc, BEng or MEng in a relevant Engineering discipline or relevant apprenticeship with HNC.
- Experience with solid modelling design tools with structural analysis using finite element modelling being an advantage.
- A track record of creating high quality production drawings.
- A flair for problem solving and innovation.
- A flexible approach to work activities.
- Knowledge and experience in using computer packages (Microsoft outlook, word, excel).
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.