Bids and Proposals Manager
This role reports directly into the Commercial Director. The purpose of the role is to lead the Bids & Proposals team within the Company and to pro-actively manage and co-ordinate all Estimating and Bidding activities around enquiries received, which will include all aspects of Bid Management.
Duties will include:
- Overall responsibility for delivering high quality, accurate, compliant and commercially sound proposals to customers on time and to budget with inputs from key stakeholders.
- The co-ordination and management of all Bid activities, ensuring that Bid Plans are put in place and that all internal inputs are received in a timely manner in order to meet Bid submission timescales.
- Being responsible for the receipt, management, control and co–ordination of all external and internal information and documentation related to the enquiry whilst acting as custodian for Bid documents including all approved internal documentation signed by the Company.
- Ensuring compliance with all internal Bid policies and procedures and passing internal and external audits.
- Contributing to overall Bid strategy alongside other stakeholders.
- Having full responsibility and leadership of the team, ensuring that individuals within the team are given appropriate opportunities to grow and develop whilst maximising performance.
- Creating and measuring metrics on bidding performance in order to both review performance and drive continuous improvement in this key area of the business.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate will have;
- A Degree in Business/Project related discipline.
- Experience of successfully leading teams within a bid environment.
- A Proven track record of improvement and achievement - processes and people.
- Experience of estimating and writing strong proposals.
- Strong financial skills with a keen understanding of spreadsheets, VOP/Indices, rates, cash flow, milestones etc.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate and persuade/influence others.
- The ability to lead team by example and to foster and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- A flexible approach to working to deadlines, often under pressure.
- Strong business/commercial acumen.
The post holder must satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements.
To apply for this position, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.