Business Development Manager
MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to work in our Sales and Marketing Department.
This role reports directly into the Head of Business Development. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities, developing marketing strategies, establishing and developing relationships and securing profitable new business for the Company.
Duties will include:
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies to grow sales and profitability.
- Maintenance and development of positive relationships that deliver long term value for the company.
- Developing and maintaining ‘live’ capture plans for key prospects.
- Increasing the visibility of MacTaggart Scott and building relationships throughout the Naval Defence community.
- Forming positive supportive working relationships across the business.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must have;
- A Degree/HND/HNC (or equivalent) related to mechanical/electrical/electronic engineering.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and control systems applications in which the products are applied.
- Good knowledge of Naval Defence, Shipbuilders, Prime Contractors and their procurement practices/processes.
- Good knowledge of industry standards of equipment.
- Good knowledge of market expectations for customer support.
- Commercial terms and conditions awareness.
- Experience in patient, ‘consultative’ selling; building trust and educating the customer to reach the right answer.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.