Business Planning Trainee
MacTaggart Scott is looking to recruit a Business Planning Trainee to be trained and developed as a part of the Business Planning team.
This role reports directly into the Business Planning Manager. The purpose of the role is to provide input to bids and enquiries and be responsible for all bid related schedule and capacity issues. The main objective is to learn the role of the Business Planner and in doing so, develop into an efficient and effective planner and play a key role in the function.
Duties will include:
- Participating in the bid proposal stage of a project by providing details on schedule and risk and identifying the risk control strategy method to be used.
- Communicating with and, where necessary, co-ordinating various departments involved in the bid process to ensure validity and data integrity of the overall bid/project schedule.
- Planning, structuring and creating projects that we are currently bidding on our IFS ERP system.
- Identifying project deliverables, key events, milestones and the development of valid project schedules and timelines in support of the overall bid prospect.
- Assisting with the alignment of the bid project cost breakdown structure.
- Contributing at handover meetings to communicate a clear view of the schedule and how it will be delivered.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Be committed to teamwork and able to work co-operatively and supportively as a team member.
- Have good organisation skills with the ability to prioritise effectively and complete tasks to deadlines.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office packages including MS Project and Excel.
- Have experience of working in a production/planning environment.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build strong internal working relationships across departments.
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to seek resources when required.
- Be able to drive process improvement.
The successful candidate must also hold, or be able to meet the requirements of, MOD Security Clearance.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and meet the criteria above, please apply emailing your CV to email@example.com.