Contract and Commercial Officer
This role reports directly into the Head of Commercial. The purpose of the role is to provide all aspects of pre and post contract support to the business, both for our UK home market and internationally. This will include managing the delivery of contracts and customer orders, whilst also ensuring best practice and compliance in all areas of commercial activity.
Duties will include:
- Assessing commercial risks to the business and collaborating with colleagues, mitigating and managing those risks.
- Exercising an agreed delegated level of commercial authority, using a bidding and gate review process, to approve the release of quotations and the acceptance of orders.
- Ensuring departmental compliance with process and best practice.
- Reviewing/amending/proposing terms and conditions.
- Capturing contractual flow down and supporting the sub contract team.
- Supporting Bids.
- Supporting the UK and International Business Managers.
- Liaising with various departments in order to investigate and resolve customer issues.
- Applying CRM techniques and processes to external relationships.
- Investigating cost anomalies and resolving schedule conflicts.
- Managing change and variation in accordance with agreed terms and conditions.
- Attending and leading internal and customer project reviews and preparing minutes.
- Preparing progress reports and reviews for customers and management.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate will;
- Be qualified and/or suitably experienced in a related commercial\business discipline.
- Have the ability to identify commercial risks and opportunities, and to devise mitigations.
- Have the ability to forge good working relationships and communicate with and influence customers and colleagues.
- Will be able to work efficiently and effectively to prioritise a diverse range of tasks.
- Have sound understanding and experience of contract structure, terms and conditions and sub contract considerations.
- Be, or be prepared to become, a qualified member of the professional Contracting and Commercial Body (IACCM).
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.