Contract and Commercial Officer
MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Contract and Commercial Officer to work in our Commercial Department. The Commercial function is responsible for the contractual and commercial management of these customer relationships.
This role reports directly into the Contract and Commercial Manager. The purpose of the role is to provide all aspects of pre and post contract support to the business, both for our UK home market and internationally. This will include managing the delivery of contracts and customer orders, whilst also ensuring best practice and compliance in all areas of commercial activity.
Duties will include:
- Attending and leading internal and customer project reviews and preparing minutes.
- Investigating cost anomalies and resolving schedule conflicts.
- Liaising with various departments in order to investigate and resolve customer issues.
- Supporting Bids.
- Reviewing/amending terms and conditions.
- Exercising an agreed delegated level of commercial authority, using a gate review process, to approve the release of quotations and the acceptance of orders.
- Assessing commercial risks to the business and collaborating with colleagues, mitigate and managing those risks.
- Ensuring departmental compliance with process and best practice.
- Capturing contractual flow down and support the sub contract buyer.
- Supporting the UK and International Business Managers.
- Applying CRM techniques and processes to external relationships.
- Managing change and variation in accordance with agreed terms and conditions.
- Preparing progress reports and reviews for customers and management.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate will;
- Have the ability to forge good working relationships and communicate with and influence customers and colleagues.
- Be qualified and/or suitably experienced in a related commercial\business discipline.
- Have the ability to identify commercial risks and opportunities, and to devise mitigations.
- Be, or be prepared to become, a qualified member of the professional Contracting and Commercial Body (IACCM).
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the requirements of, MOD Security Clearance.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and meet the criteria above, please apply by emailing your CV to email@example.com.