This role reports directly into the Head of Commercial. The role encompasses both pre-contract and post contract activities across the spectrum of the contract lifecycle, from the support of the generation of bids and tender responses, through to contract implementation, management, change and post contract reviews. The post holder will liaise and work with many key stakeholders, both externally and internally across the business, including Senior Managers and Directors. The Contracts Manager is required to have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the contract lifecycle and will be regarded as our “subject matter expert” for all Contract and Commercial related matters.
Duties will include:
- Supporting the Head of Commercial in the co-ordination and management of all the required commercial activities within the business and also in the mentorship of team members whilst deputising where necessary.
- Demonstrating excellent leadership behaviours and influencing skills at all levels within both the business and customer communities.
- Pro-actively managing all pre and post contract commercial activities, ensuring compliance with policies and contractual procedure.
- Drafting and reviewing commercially and legally sound contracts and agreements with customers, suppliers and other third parties.
- Supporting bid/tender preparation such as reviewing terms and conditions and contract/commercial risks.
- Be the lead business point of contact for key customers.
- Manage the business portfolio of Adviser Agreements in support of the Business Development team.
- Lead monthly performance meetings with Senior Managers and the Board of Directors.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Be qualified to degree level in a related discipline (contract/commercial/business).
- Be, or be prepared to become, certified by a professional body (e.g. IACCM).
- Have in depth, demonstrable knowledge of contract management and commercial practices, both pre and post contract.
- Have proven experience in the drafting of commercially and legally sound contracts and agreements.
- Be able to identify commercial risks and opportunities and devise and implement practicable mitigations and solutions.
- Be a proactive leader with excellent relationship building and influencing skills.
- Have excellent written and verbal presentation skills with the ability to articulate and sustain a rational argument and present recommendations.
- Be comfortable and able to work well under pressure, be able to multi-task, set clear priorities as well as be prepared to work flexibly and go the “extra mile” when required.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the requirements of, MOD Security Clearance.