Control Panel Design Engineer
This role reports directly into the Electrical and Controls Principal Engineer. The purpose of the role is to be responsible for designing electrical control panels for in house manufacture and test.
Duties will include:
- Designing control panels at various levels of complexity covering relay logic, PLC controls, distributed I/O and variable frequency drives.
- Generating high quality designs ensuring compliance with client specifications, engineering standards, relevant legislation and company procedures.
- Producing high quality supporting documentation.
- Design for manufacture.
- Sourcing components and obtaining quotes.
- Overseeing manufacture and testing.
- Providing support to the bid team by estimating design, manufacture and test costs.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Be degree educated in Control/Electrical Engineering or relevant Apprenticeship with HNC.
- Have previous experience of control panel design.
- Have experience of control panel manufacture or support to manufacture.
- Have experience of writing technical specifications and documentation.
- Have a proven track record of successfully delivering design projects to required timescale and budget.
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office products.
- Have Knowledge of related standards.
- Be able to work on your own or as part of a team.
- Have self-discipline, motivation, the ability to organise your workload and overcome problems as they arise.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.