Control Panel Design Engineer
MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Control Panel Design Engineer to work in our Design Department.
This role reports directly into the Electrical and Controls Principal Engineer. The purpose of the role is to be responsible for designing electrical control panels for in house manufacture and test.
Duties will include:
- Designing control panels at various levels of complexity covering relay logic, PLC controls, distributed I/O and variable frequency drives.
- Generating high quality designs ensuring compliance with client specifications, engineering standards, relevant legislation and company procedures.
- Producing high quality supporting documentation.
- Design for manufacture.
- Sourcing components and obtaining quotes.
- Overseeing manufacture and testing.
- Providing support to the bid team by estimating design, manufacture and test costs.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Be degree educated in Control/Electrical Engineering or relevant Apprenticeship with HNC.
- Have previous experience of control panel design.
- Have experience of control panel manufacture or support to manufacture.
- Have experience of writing technical specifications and documentation.
- Have a proven track record of successfully delivering design projects to required timescale and budget.
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office products.
- Have Knowledge of related standards.
- Be able to work on your own or as part of a team.
- Have self-discipline, motivation, the ability to organise your workload and overcome problems as they arise.
Your future at MacTaggart Scott – What we offer you.
- As part of our Healthy Work-Life Balance employees can choose between a 4- or 5-day working week. Allowing you to fit work around your priorities and personal life, not the other way round.
- Flexible working hours between 07:00 and 19:00, and core hours of 09:30 – 15:30.
- Our leave policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, paid parental leave, military reservist leave, plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, with a dedicated Learning and Development team.
- A generous referral programme.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program as well as our Employee Assistance Programme and an onsite nurse.
- Onsite Canteen and Car Park
MacTaggart Scott primarily supports the Naval Defence industry, providing complete solutions to customer needs from analysis of initial customer requirements, to design and manufacture, and right through to commissioning and through life support. Established in 1898, we are proud of our history and tradition, but believe that sustainable competitive advantage can only be achieved through continuous improvement, investment, and a commitment to business excellence at every level within the company.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.