Deputy Head of Bids & Proposals
MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Deputy Head of Bids & Proposals to work in our Bids and Proposals Department.
This role reports directly into the Head of Bids & Proposals. The Deputy Head of Bids & Proposals will mainly be involved in preparation and submission of Major Bids. As a senior member of the Bids and Proposals team they will be involved in coaching members of staff and to support the wider team in a range of Business opportunities including spares, repairs, and technical support services. The role will also involve representing the department at internal management meetings and deputising for the Head of Bids & Proposals at meetings and during absences.
Duties will include:
- Leading bid meetings with Customer representatives and internal management teams.
Coaching of Bid team members.
- Support continuous improvement plans to develop MacTaggart Scott bidding process.
- Management and preparation of high-quality value propositions in response to Customer Invitation to Tender (ITT) documentation.
- Review and communication of Customer requirements to wider stakeholder group and presenting Bid/No Bid recommendations to MacTaggart Scott board.
- Creation and maintenance of bid plans to support management action and response timescales.
- Facilitation of risk identification and risk review meetings.
- Preparation of escalation and cash-flow calculations.
- Prepare governance review documentation and gain stakeholder sign-off and presentation to Internal Approval Authority.
- Engagement with Customer representatives through proposal clarifications and negotiations.
- Review of contract documentation for consistency with the associated proposal.
- Input of estimating data into works management system in accordance with contract values.
- Prepare contract package and formally hand-over to executing team.
- Preparation and submission of quotations for the provision of spares, repairs, sub-assemblies, and technical support services.
- Facilitate appropriate Lessons Learned exercises with key stakeholders to establish examples of best practice and address Customer concerns.
Essential skills, experience, and knowledge requirements:
- Experience of leading a team.
- Experience of coaching members of staff.
- Proven experience managing major proposals in a similar industry / sector.
- Experience of complex technical & commercial negotiations.
- Experience working with commercial terms and conditions.
- Proven experience of engaging with Board Members and Senior Management.
Practical technical knowledge of heavy engineering / mechanical equipment.
- Experience of using a company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System; company specific training will be provided.
- Experience of leading Risk Identification and Management processes.
- Ability to work on their own initiative and pro‑actively manage all aspects of the bidding process.
- Ability to build effective working relationships.
- Recognition of good Customer service.
- Strong numeracy and organisational skills and experience of using Microsoft Office packages.
Your future at MacTaggart Scott – What we offer you.
- As part of our Healthy Work-Life Balance employees can choose between a 4- or 5-day working week.
- Allowing you to fit work around your priorities and personal life, not the other way round.
- Flexible working hours between 07:00 and 19:00, and core hours of 09:30 – 15:30.
- Our leave policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, paid parental leave, military reservist leave, plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, with a dedicated Learning and Development team.
- At MacTaggart Scott, your health and safety is one of our top priorities, and our onsite H&S team take a rigorous approach in managing risks and protecting you. Our H&S committee meets regularly to carry out their own checks and discuss what MTS can do to improve our standards.
- A generous referral programme.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program and committee, as well as our Employee Assistance Programme, and an onsite nurse.
- Onsite Canteen and Car Park
MacTaggart Scott primarily supports the Naval Defence industry, providing complete solutions to customer needs from analysis of initial customer requirements, to design and manufacture, and right through to commissioning and through life support. Established in 1898, we are proud of our history and tradition, but believe that sustainable competitive advantage can only be achieved through continuous improvement, investment, and a commitment to business excellence at every level within the company.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.