Design Engineer - MacScott Bond
MacScott Bond Ltd. (part of the MacTaggart Scott Group) was formed in 1975 to build on the hard won reputation and expertise of MacTaggart Scott in fluid power applications in the marine defence sector, but to operate principally in other market sectors. The Loanhead division is located on the same site as MacTaggart, Scott and Co. Ltd. near Edinburgh and, although a much smaller company, it has access to the vast knowledge and experience within MacTaggart Scott, associated with over 100 years of world-class excellence and has successfully completed many prestigious projects in the civil, marine, offshore, mining and industrial sectors.
MacScott Bond’s Loanhead Division has a vacancy for a Design Engineer. This role will primarily work towards supporting the manufacture of Hydraulic Power Units suitable for use with Water / Water Glycol and Mineral Oil ~fluids.
Duties will also include:
- Designing and drawing equipment for a variety of applications.
- Providing support to Workshop Personnel.
- Providing support for in-service issues.
- Writing technical reports.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- BSc or BEng in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Experience with solid modelling design tools including structural analysis using finite element modelling.
- Knowledge of ATEX.
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics experience.
- Experience with Pressure Control Equipment and Fabricated Frames.
- A flair for problem solving and innovation.
- Previous experience of creating and checking high quality production drawings.
- Mathcad and MS Office experience.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and meet the criteria above please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com