Design Engineer - MacScott Bond
MacScott Bond Ltd (part of the MacTaggart Scott Group) was formed in 1975 to build on the hard won reputation and expertise of MacTaggart Scott & Co Ltd in fluid power applications in the marine defence sector, but to operate principally in other market sectors. The Loanhead division is located on the same site as MacTaggart Scott & Co Ltd near Edinburgh and, although a much smaller company, it has access to the vast knowledge and experience within MacTaggart Scott, associated with over 100 years of world-class excellence and has successfully completed many prestigious projects in the civil, marine, offshore, mining and industrial sectors.
MacScott Bond’s Loanhead Division have a vacancy for a Design Engineer. This role will primarily work towards supporting the manufacture of Hydraulic Power Units suitable for use with Water / Water Glycol and Mineral Oil ~fluids.
Duties will also include:
- Designing and drawing equipment for a variety of applications.
- Providing support to Workshop Personnel.
- Providing support for in-service issues.
- Writing technical reports.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- BSc or BEng in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Experience with solid modelling design tools including structural analysis using finite element modelling.
- Knowledge of ATEX.
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics experience.
- Experience with Pressure Control Equipment and Fabricated Frames.
- A flair for problem solving and innovation.
- Previous experience of creating and checking high quality production drawings.
- Mathcad and MS Office experience.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and meet the criteria above please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org