MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Design Engineer to work in our Design Department.
The post holder will primarily be responsible for designing equipment, model components and assemblies using CAD, creating manufacturing drawings and producing technical documentation. There may also be a requirement to complete calculations and analysis. The post will offer a variety of challenges including the provision of innovative design solutions for demanding applications, providing technical input to bids and enquiries and solving problems experienced during equipment build and test in the workshop.
Duties will include:
- Designing and drawing equipment for a variety of marine-based handling applications.
Providing support for in-service issues.
Occasional travel within the UK and overseas may be required.
Provide effective communication between the Engineering Department and other Departments within the business including Sales and Marketing, Production, Project Management and Purchasing.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must have;
- BSc or BEng in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) or relevant completed apprenticeship.
- Experience with solid modelling design tool Creo.
- Track record of creating and checking high quality manufacturing drawings.
- A flair for problem solving and innovation.
- A flexible approach to work activities.
- MS Office Skills.
The post holder must satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and meet the criteria above, please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.