MacTaggart Scott are recruiting for a Developing Engineer to work within our Design department. This role would suit a graduate engineer looking for their first challenge.
The primary purpose of the role is to design equipment, specify components, complete supporting calculations, create drawings and produce technical documentation in line with work packages provided by Project Engineers. Developing Engineers can be specialised in Electrical and Controls, Hydraulics or Mechanical Engineering activities. They are encouraged to learn as much as possible from the other Engineers within the Design Department.
Duties will include:
- Designing and draughting equipment for a variety of marine-based handling applications.
- Dealing with a variety of challenges including the provision of innovative design solutions for demanding applications.
- Providing technical input to bids and enquiries and solving problems experienced during equipment build and test in the workshop
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must have;
- BSc or BEng in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) or relevant Apprenticeship with HNC.
- A flair for problem solving and innovation, a flexible approach to work activities.
- Intermediate, or better, Microsoft Office skills
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.