Electrical and Control Design Engineer
MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit an Electrical and Control Design Engineer to work in our Design Department.
This role reports into the Principle Electrical Engineer. The purpose of the role is to design electrical control systems, specify components with supporting calculations, create drawings and produce technical documentation.
Duties will include:
- Design of control systems for bespoke electric and hydraulic automated equipment.
- Design of cable systems (power and instrumentation).
- Produce electrical drawings and BOM’s for manufacturing following best practice and procedures.
- Produce electrical drawings and cable schedules for installation.
- Generate concept designs and control philosophies for new equipment.
- Generate specification documents (procurement, equipment, software, test, etc.)
- Support the sales team with queries and provide information for quotations.
- Review and feedback on client requirements.
- Attend occasional liaison meeting/site visits with potential clients in Europe and on occasions worldwide.
- Assist and support the manufacturing team.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
- Degree Educated in Control / Electrical Engineering or relevant Apprenticeship with HNC.
- A proven track record of successfully delivering control system design projects to required timescale and budget.
- Technically astute with knowledge of PC/PLC control systems and software applications.
- Writing technical documentation and specifications.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD 2D.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products.
- Knowledge of related standards, in particular BS, EN and 17th Edition IEE regulations.
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team.
- Have self-discipline, motivation, the ability to organise your workload and overcome problems as they arise.
Your future at MacTaggart Scott – What we offer you.
- As part of our Healthy Work-Life Balance employees can choose between a 4- or 5-day working week. Allowing you to fit work around your priorities and personal life, not the other way round.
- Flexible working hours between 07:00 and 19:00, and core hours of 09:30 – 15:30.
- Our leave policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, paid parental leave, military reservist leave, plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, with a dedicated Learning and Development team.
- A generous referral programme.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program as well as our Employee Assistance Programme and an onsite nurse.
- Onsite Canteen and Car Park
MacTaggart Scott primarily supports the Naval Defence industry, providing complete solutions to customer needs from analysis of initial customer requirements, to design and manufacture, and right through to commissioning and through life support. Established in 1898, we are proud of our history and tradition, but believe that sustainable competitive advantage can only be achieved through continuous improvement, investment, and a commitment to business excellence at every level within the company.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.