Electrical and Control Design Engineer
This role reports into the Principle Electrical Engineer. The purpose of the role is to design electrical control systems, specify components with supporting calculations, create drawings and produce technical documentation.
Duties will include:
- Designing of control systems (hardware and software) for bespoke electric and hydraulic automated equipment.
- Designing of cable systems (power and instrumentation).
- Producing electrical drawings and BOM’s for manufacturing following best practice and procedures.
- Producing electrical drawings and cable schedules for installation.
- Generating concept designs and control philosophies for new equipment.
- Generating specification documents (procurement, equipment, software, test, etc.).
- Assisting the sales team with queries and providing information for quotations.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on client requirements.
- Attending occasional liaison meeting/site visits with potential clients in Europe and on occasions worldwide.
- Assisting and supporting the manufacturing team during the builds.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
- Degree Educated in Control / Electrical Engineering or relevant Apprenticeship with HNC.
- A proven track record of successfully delivering control system design projects to required timescale and budget.
- Technically astute with knowledge of PC/PLC control systems and software applications.
- Developing and writing technical documentation and specifications.
- Proficient in the used of AutoCAD 2D.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products.
- Knowledge of related standards, in particular BS, EN and 17th Edition IEE regulations.
- Experience of working with PLC software applications
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.