Electrical Production Technician
MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit an Electrical Production Technician.
This role reports directly into the Electrical Supervisor. Their primary duty is to assemble equipment and ensure that they meet their technical and quality criteria within the set schedule and cost requirements. Fault finding is a key part of this position therefore problem-solving skills are essential. The electrical Technician will be hands on, expected to complete work packages in numerous departments within the site.
Duties will include:
- Assemble electrical equipment to the drawing requirements.
- Ensure that roles and responsibilities are clearly understood prior to commencing any electrical work.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all procedures are documented, maintained, communicated, understood, and adhered to.
- Act as liaison between engineering and the shop floor to ensure Electrical requirements are met and to provide technical direction.
- Communicate with team members on a regular basis reporting to the supervisor with any requirements.
- Ensure the accurate completion of all paperwork. This will include all route cards are complete and signed off and Test Instruction Sheets (T.I.S’s) are completed accurately and to schedule.
- The Electrical Technician will work closely with Production Management, Design Engineers & Planning teams to implement methods to improve efficiency and quality whilst reducing costs and production lead times.
- They will assist in troubleshooting, fault finding and problem resolution resulting in the job being completed in a timely manner.
- Participate in the test activities to allow successful testing of component when additional support is required.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Have a HNC in electrical engineering or city & guilds equivalent.
- Have a traditional electrical engineering apprenticeship.
- Have good all-round knowledge and experience of electrical control, software and hydraulic systems /equipment, particularly in software control with relation to proportional valves, amplifiers, and solenoids.
- Have experience working with conventional starters DOL, star delta, soft starts and drives.
- Be able to communicate well verbally and nonverbally within all levels of the organization.
- Be able to interpret electrical circuits and mechanical drawings.
- Have computer skills – MS Office programs including Excel and Word.
- Have good organizational, resource management and time management skills.
- Be flexible and ability to use initiative.
- Be creative and show enthusiasm for learning new techniques.
- Be highly motivated with attention to detail and constant ability to deliver a high standard of workmanship.
- Be capable of following processes and plans on test instruction sheets (T.I.S’s)
- Be a critical thinker who has analytical and problem-solving skills.
Your future at MacTaggart Scott – What we offer you.
- A 4- day working week. Allowing you to fit work around your priorities and personal life, not the other way round.
- Hours of 07:00 – 16:45 and Opportunity for overtime (Job Dependent)
- Night Shift Allowance (Job dependent)
- Our leave policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, paid parental leave, military reservist leave, plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, with a dedicated Learning and Development team.
- At MacTaggart Scott, your health and safety is one of our top priorities, and our onsite H&S team take a rigorous approach in managing risks and protecting you. Our H&S committee meets regularly to carry out their own checks and discuss what MTS can do to improve our standards.
- A generous referral programme.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program and committee, as well as our Employee Assistance Programme, and an onsite nurse.
- Onsite Canteen and Car Park
MacTaggart Scott primarily supports the Naval Defence industry, providing complete solutions to customer needs from analysis of initial customer requirements, to design and manufacture, and right through to commissioning and through life support. Established in 1898, we are proud of our history and tradition, but believe that sustainable competitive advantage can only be achieved through continuous improvement, investment, and a commitment to business excellence at every level within the company.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.