Electrical Service Technician
The purpose of the role is to carry out a range of electrical and control tasks for all MacTaggart Scott equipment and occasionally on equipment manufactured by others. Tasks range from installation and commissioning to in-service support and fault finding. Operating worldwide, the Service Technician must be capable of working within a high pressure environment, using initiative, and be able to carry out tasks in a professional manner, often at short notice.
Duties will include:
- Supervising and assisting with the installation phase of major projects.
- Carrying out commissioning and acceptance activities for new and refurbished equipment.
- Providing effective training for the operation and maintenance of installed equipment.
- Carrying out fault diagnosis and repair.
- Conducting equipment surveys and making appropriate recommendations.
- Supervising and assisting with major refit projects.
- Co-ordinating work packages and supervising subcontract personnel and teams.
- Preparing high quality technical reports and survey reports.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Hold a BSc or BEng in Electrical Engineering or completed a relevant apprenticeship with qualification (HNC, City & Guilds, Scotvec, etc).
- Have a proven track record of working on surface ship and submarine systems, or electrical/control equipment within a marine environment.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of PLC control systems, fault finding, programming and commissioning.
- Have knowledge of electric motors, starters and variable speed drives.
- Be able to interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and documents.
- Be able to manage changing priorities while working unaided and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Have a flexible approach to working patterns and willingness to learn.
- Be able to produce high standard technical reports using Microsoft Office packages.
- Be confident and willing to work away from home in foreign countries.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the requirements of, MOD Security Clearance.