Engineering Support Assistant
MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit an Engineering Support Assistant to work within our Engineering Support Department. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to gain qualifications within engineering whilst in the role, making this position an excellent opportunity for development.
The purpose of the role is the control & distribution of MacTaggart Scott Technical Drawings. When the demands for drawings allows, assistance will be necessary on other clerical tasks.
Duties will include:
- Printing manufacturing drawings for use in workshops and by sub-contractors.
- Distributing manufacturing drawings for use in workshops and by sub-contractors.
- Recording distribution and issue status of drawings (paper or electronic) in the drawing record files.
- Printing of other documents, as required, to suit business needs.
- Assist in fulfilling valid Requests for Quotations.
- Input and maintain technical Bill of Material (BoM) information on the company ERP system.
- Allocation of Tariff Codes for components, as required.
- Provide information in support of NATO Stock Number (NSN) application.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Previous experience of working with technical documentation.
- A natural aptitude for detail and correctness.
- An understanding of the importance of accuracy within manufacturing drawings are how they are controlled.
- A willingness to solve problems with a flexible and helpful approach to work activities.
- Competency with using Microsoft Office packages and the ability to input and maintain data with high accuracy.
- The ability to communicate well with all areas of the business.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.