Engineering Support Assistant
MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit an Engineering Support Assistant to work within our Engineering Support Department.
The purpose of the role is the control & distribution of MacTaggart Scott Technical Drawings. When the demands for drawings allows, assistance will be necessary on other clerical tasks.
Duties will include:
- Printing manufacturing drawings for use in workshops and by sub-contractors.
- Distributing manufacturing drawings for use in workshops and by sub-contractors.
- Recording distribution and issue status of drawings (paper or electronic) in the drawing record files.
- Printing of other documents, as required, to suit business needs.
- Assist in fulfilling valid Requests for Quotations.
- Input and maintain technical Bill of Material (BoM) information on the company ERP system.
- Allocation of Tariff Codes for components, as required.
- Provide information in support of NATO Stock Number (NSN) application.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Have the ability to provide effective printing, control and distribution of manufacturing drawings.
- Understand how controlled manufacturing drawings are used.
- Be able to input effective technical BoMs and understand how these are structured and used.
- Have a willingness to solve problems with a flexible and helpful approach to work activities.
- Have knowledge of mechanical / hydraulic / electrical handling systems.
- Be competent with using Microsoft Office packages and the have the ability to input and maintain data with high accuracy.
- Be able to communicate well with all areas of the business.
- Have previous experience of working in an engineering environment.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.