Health and Safety Officer
This role reports directly into the Health and Safety Manager. The successful candidate will provide hands on Health and Safety assistance to the Health and Safety Manager across all areas of the business.
Duties will include:
- To monitor Health and Safety strategies, policies and procedures, risk assessments, and safe working practices consistently across the MacTaggart Scott group.
- To continually assess the status of Health and Safety within the business and identify improvement opportunities.
- To develop and deliver Health and Safety Training.
- To assist in the development and implementation of company procedures, policies and risk control documents.
- To ensure the provision of strong, clear, consistent, relevant and timely safety and welfare advice and operational support to the workforce.
- Undertake regular workplace inspections and audits to proactively identify where Health and Safety management practices could be improved and provide the necessary guidance to improve performance.
- Maintain all Health and Safety performance data, files and registers.
- Attend and actively contribute at Health and Safety committee meetings.
- Assist line managers with their investigations and reports in to incidents and dangerous occurrences as necessary.
- Collate and analyse incidents and ‘near miss’ incident statistics and recommend intervention strategies to eliminate/reduce the risk of future similar occurrences.
Skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
- A full UK Driving Licence.
- A NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent Health and Safety management qualification although this is not essential.
- Experience of working in a similar manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of primary health & safety legislation, regulations and codes of practice pertaining to the manufacturing industry.
- A reasonably high level of MS office literacy and an understanding of how effective IT systems can support the efficiency of the business.
- The ability to build good working relationships with management, union, employees and contractors at all levels.