Hydraulic Project Engineer
MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Hydraulic Project Engineer to work in our Design Department.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Design Manager and will provide the technical lead for projects. The Project Engineer will manage activities to ensure that design solutions are delivered on time, to budget and meet customer expectations.
Duties will include:
- Taking responsibility for the engineering content of a variety of marine based projects, including leading the project design team, technical compliance, budget and programme management and customer communication.
- Ensuring thorough project awareness from the initial requirement specification through to final customer acceptance.
- Providing innovative design solutions within timescale and budget, including supporting calculations and analysis.
- Ensuring that the product costs are established and optimised throughout the design evolution.
- Providing technical input to bids and enquiries.
- Solving problems experienced during equipment build and test in the workshop.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate will have;
- BSc or BEng in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) or relevant Apprenticeship with HNC.
- Experience with solid modelling design tools including structural analysis using finite element modelling.
- A flair for problem solving and innovation, a flexible approach to work activities.
- A track record of creating and checking high quality production drawings.
- A track record of leading technical projects.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.