This role reports directly into the Chief Inspector. The purpose of the role is to ensure inspection operations are completed efficiently and in a timely manner. In addition, you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package along with the opportunity to work a 37hours compressed hours week Monday – Thursday.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring Inspection Operations are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Compiling, analysing and preparing Inspection Plans.
- Integrating various sources of information into a uniform style to ensure compliance.
- Assisting in the development of documentation for instructional, descriptive, reference and/or informational purposes.
- Co-ordinating and controlling the calibration of equipment used by MacTaggart Scott inspection and production as per Company procedure.
- Co-ordinating the ‘in process’ inspection and surveillance of products from Goods Inwards and through the manufacturing process, ensuring that process and product checks/inspections are undertaken.
- Identifying root cause and preventative action for non-conformances and acting as problem solving lead (with operators, team leaders, production engineering, engineering support & others) where possible.
- Taking a pro-active role in the development of the ‘right first time’ approach and ‘operator responsibility’ throughout manufacturing.
- Taking an active role in process and quality systems auditing through surveillance checks on documentation, tooling and equipment.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Be a time-served Inspector or a time-served Machinist with an interest in inspection (Full inspection training will be given).
- Have a good level of experience in a similar role and be familiar with inspection techniques.
- Have excellent communication skills and confidence in dealing with internal customers and departments.
- Have a methodical and organised work ethic in order to prioritise work, whilst setting and meeting deadlines on a weekly basis.
- Have the ability to work both on their own and as part of a team.
- Have a good working knowledge of MS Office.
Your future at MacTaggart Scott – What we offer you.
- A 4- day working week. Allowing you to fit work around your priorities and personal life, not the other way round.
- Hours of 07:00 – 16:45 and Opportunity for overtime (Job Dependent)
- Night Shift Allowance (Job dependent)
- Our leave policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, paid parental leave, military reservist leave, plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, with a dedicated Learning and Development team.
- A generous referral programme.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program as well as our Employee Assistance Programme and an onsite nurse.
- Onsite Canteen and Car Park.
MacTaggart Scott primarily supports the Naval Defence industry, providing complete solutions to customer needs from analysis of initial customer requirements, to design and manufacture, and right through to commissioning and through life support. Established in 1898, we are proud of our history and tradition, but believe that sustainable competitive advantage can only be achieved through continuous improvement, investment, and a commitment to business excellence at every level within the company.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.