MacTaggart Scott is looking to recruit an Inspector to work in our Production Department.
This role reports directly into the Chief Inspector. The purpose of the role is to ensure inspection operations are completed efficiently and in a timely manner.
Duties will include:
- Ensure Inspection Operations are completed in an efficient and timely manner
- Compile, analyse and prepare Inspection Plans
- Integrate various sources of information into a uniform style to ensure compliance
- Assist in the development of documentation for instructional, descriptive, reference and/or informational purposes
- Co-ordinate and control the calibration of equipment used by MacTaggart Scott inspection and production as per Company procedure
- Co-ordinate the in process inspection and surveillance of products from Goods Inwards and through the manufacturing process, ensuring that process and product checks/inspections are undertaken.
- Identify root cause and preventative action for non-conformances and act as problem solving lead (operator, team leader, production engineering, engineering support & others) where possible, taking a pro-active role in the development of the ‘right first time’ approach and ‘operator responsibility’ throughout manufacturing
- Take an active role in process and quality systems auditing through surveillance checks on documentation, tooling and equipment
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Be a time-served Inspection Engineer
- Have a good level of MTS product knowledge and inspection techniques
- Have excellent communication skills and confidence in dealing with internal customers and departments
- Have a methodical and organised work ethic in order to prioritise work, whilst setting and meeting deadlines on a weekly basis
- Have the ability to work both on their own and as part of a team
- Have a good working knowledge of MS Office
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com and attach a copy of your CV.