This role reports directly into the Chief Inspector. The purpose of the role is to ensure inspection operations are completed efficiently and in a timely manner.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring Inspection Operations are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Compiling, analysing and preparing Inspection Plans.
- Integrating various sources of information into a uniform style to ensure compliance.
- Assisting in the development of documentation for instructional, descriptive, reference and/or informational purposes.
- Co-ordinating and controlling the calibration of equipment used by MacTaggart Scott inspection and production as per Company procedure.
- Co-ordinating the ‘in process’ inspection and surveillance of products from Goods Inwards and through the manufacturing process, ensuring that process and product checks/inspections are undertaken.
- Identifying root cause and preventative action for non-conformances and acting as problem solving lead (with operators, team leaders, production engineering, engineering support & others) where possible.
- Taking a pro-active role in the development of the ‘right first time’ approach and ‘operator responsibility’ throughout manufacturing.
- Taking an active role in process and quality systems auditing through surveillance checks on documentation, tooling and equipment.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Be a time-served Inspection Engineer.
- Have a good level of experience in a similar role and be familiar with inspection techniques.
- Have excellent communication skills and confidence in dealing with internal customers and departments.
- Have a methodical and organised work ethic in order to prioritise work, whilst setting and meeting deadlines on a weekly basis.
- Have the ability to work both on their own and as part of a team.
- Have a good working knowledge of MS Office.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.