MacScott Bond- Technical Sales Engineer
MacScott Bond Ltd (part of the MacTaggart Scott Group) was formed in 1975 and is a stockist, distributor and hirer of a range of pneumatic and hydraulic components whilst providing advice and expertise to customers who are unsure of the most appropriate solution for their needs. MacScott Bond have two divisions, one in Aberdeen and one in Loanhead. The Loanhead division of MacScott Bond are looking to expand further into the hire market for hydraulic equipment. The company therefore have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Sales Engineer to join the team.
This role will primarily work towards providing technical support and guidance to MacScott Bond’s team, ensuring that the sale and supply of Hydraulic and Pneumatic equipment will continue to be based in a strong technical context. The post holder will also provide appropriate aftermarket support to MacScott Bond’s customers. With a small team, there will also be opportunity to be involved in the workshop with air motor assembly and repairs. This is an exciting, varied role with scope for development.
Duties will include:
- To provide technical expertise and support to the sales and production departments.
- To provide technical support to customers and assisting with enquiries.
- Assisting with sales, making technical recommendations where necessary, and providing technical knowledge to develop marketing material.
- To provide technical support for in-service equipment.
- To generate and receive orders through MacScott Bond’s Sage 200 system.
- To ensure appropriate standards are adopted and adhered to.
- Writing technical reports and instruction sheets for the workshop.
- Complying with the company’s quality procedures.
- Complying with the company’s Health and Safety procedures.
Essential skills and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate will ideally have the following;
- Time served mechanical engineer or BSc or BEng in mechanical engineering (or equivalent). – This is desirable but not essential.
- An excellent level of hydraulics knowledge and experience.
- Pneumatics experience.
- Experience with Pressure Control Equipment and Fabricated Frames.
- A flair for problem solving and innovation.
- Motivation to learn about new products within our scope of supply.
- Previous experience of working with high quality production drawings.
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to different challenges.