MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Maintenance Electrician to work in our Maintenance Department. In addition, you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package along with the opportunity to work a 37 hour compressed hours week Monday – Thursday.
This role reports directly into the Maintenance Technician. The purpose of the role is to provide an efficient and cost-effective support service to all departments and company facilities, carrying out routine repairs to production plant, buildings and equipment ensuring that they all remain in good working order.
Duties will include:
- Maintaining company buildings, facilities, and equipment to the highest possible standard.
- Ensure cost effective use of energy and general company facilities.
- Ensure all department policies and procedures are maintained, communicated, understood and adhered to.
- Maintenance and repair of all production plant equipment (CNC Machinery, Overhead Cranes) and services on site including office, kitchen and toilet facilities.
- Electrical Installations/upgrades/remedials
- Emergency light testing/PAT testing/Thermal Imaging
The successful candidate must have:
- Have served a recognised apprenticeship and have obtained a qualification in an electrical discipline to a minimum of SVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Hold a current electrical qualification in electrical installations, for example City and Guilds 2382 or BS7671 (18th Edition).
- Have experience working in an Industrial background.
- Have a good understanding of Electrical drawings.
- Be able to work under pressure and being a good team player.
- Be a good communicator with a helpful and flexible approach/ proactive in self-learning and development.
Preferable but not compulsory:
- City & Guilds 2391
- IPAF Certification - Types 1b, 3a & 3b
- PAT Testing experience.
- Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP) certificates.
- Valid UK Driving License.
- City & Guilds 2391.
- Confined Space Training.
- Working at height.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.