This role reports directly into the Maintenance Manager. The purpose of the role is to to provide an efficient and cost-effective support service to all departments and company facilities, carrying out routine repairs to production plant, buildings and equipment ensuring that they all remain in good working order.
Duties will include:
- Maintaining company buildings, facilities and equipment to the highest possible standard.
- Ensuring cost effective use of energy and general company facilities.
- Ensuring all department policies and procedures are maintained, communicated, understood and adhered to.
- Maintenance and repair of all production plant equipment and services on site including office, kitchen and toilet facilities.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Be a time served craft apprentice – Maintenance Engineering.
- Have a valid UK Driving Licence.
- Have experience in the use and operation of mechanical lifting equipment.
- Have good all-round knowledge of hydraulic/pneumatic systems and equipment.
- Be efficient in reading/understanding engineering drawings, hydraulic/pneumatic circuits.
- Have good all-round knowledge of manual/CNC machine repair.
- Have good all-round knowledge of general maintenance and repair of buildings.
- Have counterbalance forklift experience.
- Have overhead crane experience.
- Be quick-thinking and have the ability to deal with situations as they arise.
- Be able to work on their own using their own initiative.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- The able to work under pressure.
Your future at MacTaggart Scott – What we offer you.
- A 4- day working week. Allowing you to fit work around your priorities and personal life, not the other way round.
- Hours of 07:00 – 16:45 and Opportunity for overtime (Job Dependent)
- Night Shift Allowance (Job dependent)
- Our leave policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, paid parental leave, military reservist leave, plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, with a dedicated Learning and Development team.
- A generous referral programme.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program as well as our Employee Assistance Programme and an onsite nurse.
- Onsite Canteen and Car Park.
MacTaggart Scott primarily supports the Naval Defence industry, providing complete solutions to customer needs from analysis of initial customer requirements, to design and manufacture, and right through to commissioning and through life support. Established in 1898, we are proud of our history and tradition, but believe that sustainable competitive advantage can only be achieved through continuous improvement, investment, and a commitment to business excellence at every level within the company.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.