Post Design Service Engineer
MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Post-Design Service Engineer to work with the Engineering Support department.
The role primarily involves developing technical support opportunities and providing engineering input to established in-service support contracts based in the UK. The Post-Design Service Engineer will develop constructive and productive relationships with our customers to promote the company’s through-life product support capabilities.
Duties will include:
- Be responsible for establishing technical scope and estimating costs for a variety of support tasks.
- Manage budget, resourcing and schedule of tasks.
- Provide progress reports as required for customer and internal processes.
- Carry out technical investigations / studies and provide the associated reports.
- Interact with the internal Business Development and Commercial Departments and be the technical point of contact for the customer.
- Liaise with Engineering Support and Design Teams to seek technical support as required.
- Liaise with and create effective working relationships with all internal departments to ensure effective coordination of post-design tasks.
- Present design solutions and proposals to the customer.
- Conduct project reviews as and when required.
- Attend weekly project and departmental planning meetings.
Essential skills and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate will;
- Have a BSc or BEng in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical and Electrical or Apprenticeship with HNC.
- The ability to provide effective technical support and innovative design solutions, with a proven track record in a very similar customer facing role.
- A talent for pragmatic problem solving.
- Be comfortable presenting to and engaging with clients at a senior level.
- Have the ability to create comprehensive technical reports.
- Have the ability to provide design and support estimates and schedules for identified work packages.
- Have experience with mechanical / hydraulic handling systems.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.