MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Procurement Administrator, who will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager (Project Delivery).
MacTaggart Scott has a vacancy for a Procurement Administrator, to provide support to major project delivery across the business. The procurement function within MTS has recently undergone a restructure to ensure it remains an effective and efficient function supporting the business in the longer term. A result of this is the creation of a procurement team focused on supporting project delivery, which sits alongside the department’s two other key teams of Central Procurement, and Pre-Contract Support.
In support of this, the Procurement Administrator will provide system, contract and bid support to all members of the Project Delivery team.
The role requires a high level of attention to detail, the ability to operate effectively with other functions, the ability to manage a complex and busy workload, whilst maintaining a high quality output within often challenging timescales
Duties will include:
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Support delivery of the functions’ overall Procurement and Supply Chain Strategy, in turn supporting achievement of the company’s corporate goals.
- Support Project Delivery procurement team members in efficient and timely task delivery, including – as required – through data maintenance, supplier communications, bid support, supplier review meetings, purchase order placing and expediting etc.
- Ensure that all procurement data is maintained on systems, including ERP, to support accurate supplier, contract and bid management.
- Support project bid phase requirements including preparation, issue, and analysis of quotations.
- Support team members to manage export / import compliance for associated supplies.
- Ensure all activities comply with company policies, procedures and reporting requirements.
- Where requested by team members, maintain order book and manage timely execution of requisitions to proactively support project schedule adherence.
- Attend / support internal and external meetings as required.
- Support team members with visibility of supplier performance metrics and delivery of management / improvement plans with relevant suppliers.
- If required and requested by the Head of Supply Chain, or Deputy Head of Supply Chain, support other team members (for example across Central Procurement or Pre-Contract Support) – for example during times of staff absence.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Good standard of general education.
- Strong task management skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills (written, oral and presentation).
- Competency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Be able to work positively and collaboratively with the wider stakeholder community, both internal and external.
- Be able to pro-actively and effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and deliver results.
- Have self-discipline, motivation, the ability to organise your workload and overcome problems as they arise.
Your future at MacTaggart Scott – What we offer you.
- As part of our Healthy Work-Life Balance employees can choose between a 4- or 5-day working week. Allowing you to fit work around your priorities and personal life, not the other way round.
- Flexible working hours between 07:00 and 19:00, and core hours of 09:30 – 15:30.
- Our leave policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, paid parental leave, military reservist leave, plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, with a dedicated Learning and Development team.
- At MacTaggart Scott, your health and safety is one of our top priorities, and our onsite H&S team take a rigorous approach in managing risks and protecting you. Our H&S committee meets regularly to carry out their own checks and discuss what MTS can do to improve our standards.
- A generous referral programme.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program and committee, as well as our Employee Assistance Programme, and an onsite nurse.
- Onsite Canteen and Car Park
MacTaggart Scott primarily supports the Naval Defence industry, providing complete solutions to customer needs from analysis of initial customer requirements, to design and manufacture, and right through to commissioning and through life support. Established in 1898, we are proud of our history and tradition, but believe that sustainable competitive advantage can only be achieved through continuous improvement, investment, and a commitment to business excellence at every level within the company.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.