MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Procurement Officer for their purchasing department. The role will report directly into the Procurement Manager and support will be provided by Senior Managers, however the successful candidate will be expected to work on their own initiative with a minimum level of supervision. You can expect a competitive salary and benefits package along with the opportunity to work a flexible 4 or 5 day 37 hour working week.
Purpose of Role
To support the MacTaggart Scott business strategy by assisting in the development and management of a supply chain that delivers components, goods , services and solutions on time, within budget and at the requisite quality.
- Responsible for working as part of a team and contributing to an efficient Purchasing function.
- Responsible for assisting the members of the Purchasing team in all areas of their work.
- Responsible for ensuring that their (post holder’s) daily tasks are carried out in accordance with Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
In supporting the Procurement Team the Procurement Officer will:
- Use the designated system, IFS, to work towards raising, getting approved and sending purchase orders to suppliers.
- Enter and amend data on IFS in a timely manner ensuring data accuracy in all areas including and involving: Close monitoring of stock levels
- Working with the Purchasing team to review and update price lists
- Maintaining purchase order information
- Ensuring that supplier contact details are kept up to date at all times.
- Request quotations from suppliers for manufactured components, sub-assemblies and services.
- Respond to external enquiries regarding purchase orders and associated deliveries.
- Liaise with suppliers to progress orders to meet internal customer needs.
- Liaise with suppliers to resolve any discrepancies, seeking assistance and guidance from members of the
- Purchasing team when required.
- Provide day to day support to the Purchasing team and respond to internal enquiries from other departments
- Expediting all purchase orders to ensure parts are received on time
- Ensuring all relative purchase order paperwork is received to enable entry into stock
- Ensuring all ISO and other relative supplier qualifications are kept up to date.
- Assist with the Co-ordination of Core Supplier monthly reports and quarterly reviews
- Negotiate cost and lead times for new and existing parts
- Play a role in the ongoing development of the Procurement element of the IFS ERP system.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in a busy procurement role with the ability to organise tasks and prioritise your workload
- Will have excellent communication and interpersonal and relationship building skills and be an effective team member
- IT Literate with working knowledge and experience of MS Office packages and confident in learning to use and work with In-house systems.
- Have strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative.
- CIPS qualified (preferably level 3 minimum)n or willing to work towards.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.