MacTaggart Scott is aiming to recruit a Procurement Officer to work in the Purchasing Department.
In the role of Procurement Officer, you will assist in the development and management of a supply chain that delivers components, goods, services and solutions on time, within budget and at the requisite quality.
Day-to-day activities will include:
- Working closely with our ERP System (IFS) to raise orders with suppliers once approved, entering and amending data relating to stock levels, price lists, contact details and other information ensuring accuracy in all areas.
- Requesting quotations from suppliers for manufactured components, sub-assemblies and services.
- Responding to external enquiries regarding purchase orders and associated deliveries.
- Liaising with suppliers to progress orders to meet internal customer needs and to resolve any discrepancies whilst seeking assistance and guidance from members of the Purchasing team when required.
- Providing day to day support to the Purchasing team and respond to internal enquiries from other departments.
- Expediting all purchase orders to ensure parts are received on time.
- Ensuring all ISO and other relative supplier qualifications are kept up to date.
- Assist with the Co-ordination of Core Supplier monthly reports and quarterly reviews.
Skills and knowledge requirements:
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in working in a busy procurement role with the ability to organise tasks and prioritise.
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills and be an effective team member.
- Be IT Literate with working knowledge and experience of MS Office packages and confident in learning to use and work with In-house systems.
- Have strong attention to detail.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative.
A relevant qualification/certificate in Procurement (CIPS), or working towards this, would be an advantage but is not essential.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com