MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Production Electrician to work within our Assembly department.
This role reports directly into the Electrical Team Leader. Their primary duty is to ensure that products are assembled in accordance with the arrangement drawing and schematic circuit diagram. The production electrician will also support test functions which include pre-test wiring and performing tests in accordance with Test Instructions sheets.
Duties will include:
- Ensure that roles and responsibilities are clearly understood prior to commencing assembly or Test procedures.
- Co-ordinate and participate in electrical activities to allow successful assembly/testing of component.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all Test procedures are documented, maintained, communicated, understood, and adhered to.
- Communicate with team members on a regular basis reporting to the team leader/supervisor with any requirements.
- Ensure the accurate completion of all paperwork. This will include all route cards are complete and signed off and Test Instruction Sheets (T.I.S’s) are completed accurately and to schedule.
- Assist in troubleshooting, fault finding and problem resolution resulting in the job being completed in a timely manner.
- Assist Quality Assurance Department in carrying out customer F.A.T’s.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Have a traditional electrical engineering apprenticeship.
- Have a HNC in electrical engineering or city & guilds equivalent.
- Have good all-round knowledge and experience of electrical control and hydraulic systems /equipment, particularly in control with relation to proportional valves, amplifiers, and solenoids.
- Be able to communicate well verbally and nonverbally within all levels of the organization.
- Have good organizational, resource management and time management skills.
- Be flexible and have the ability to use initiative.
- Be creative and show enthusiasm for learning new techniques.
- Be capable of following processes plans and test instruction sheets (T.I.S’s)
- Be efficient in reading/understanding engineering drawings and electrical/hydraulic circuits.
- Be highly motivated with attention to detail and constant ability to deliver a high standard of workmanship.
- Have experience working with conventional starters DOL, star delta, soft starts and drives.
Your future at MacTaggart Scott – What we offer you.
- A 4- day working week. Allowing you to fit work around your priorities and personal life, not the other way round.
- Hours of 07:00 – 16:45 with opportunity for overtime (Job dependent)
- Night Shift Allowance (Job dependent)
- Our leave policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, paid parental leave, military reservist leave, plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, with a dedicated Learning and Development team.
- At MacTaggart Scott, your health and safety is one of our top priorities, and our onsite H&S team take a rigorous approach in managing risks and protecting you. Our H&S committee meets regularly to carry out their own checks and discuss what MTS can do to improve our standards.
- A generous referral programme.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program and committee, as well as our Employee Assistance Programme, and an onsite nurse.
- Onsite Canteen and Car Park
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.