MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit two Production Engineers, to work in our Production Engineering Department. One will be focused on Machining and the other will be focused on Assembly.
This role reports directly into the Production Engineering Manager. The successful candidate will provide expert product & process knowledge and technical support to all Production Departments.
Duties will include:
- Supporting the bid process by estimating manufacturing cost for new components and assemblies.
- Pre-Production assessments of new designs.
- Providing manufacturing input to the Design Review process.
- Completing the Manufacturing BoM by adding raw material levels.
- Creating inventory parts for new manufactured components.
- Creating Manufacturing Routings for new components and assemblies.
- Being the first point of contact for day to day technical problems or quality issues arising from the production departments.
- Ensuring technical/quality problems are formally investigated and documented, following up as necessary to ensure good quality preventative actions are put in place to prevent recurrence on future production builds.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Have completed an apprenticeship in a relevant discipline.
- Have a good understanding of manufacturing processes and the ability to communicate the manufacturing steps required to produce highly engineered components and assemblies.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to develop sustainable relationships across the business - internal staff/external suppliers.
- Have good planning and organisation skills and work using own initiative.
- Be able to work effectively under pressure.
- Have computer skills with a good working knowledge of MS Office.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.