This role reports directly into the Production Engineering Manager. The purpose of the role is to apply principles of engineering and manufacturing to the production process in order to make it as efficient as possible whilst keeping cost inefficiencies to a minimum.
Duties will include:
- Supporting the bid process by estimating manufacturing cost for new components and assemblies.
- Pre-Production assessments of new designs.
- Providing manufacturing input to the Design Review process.
- Completing the Manufacturing BoM by adding raw material levels.
- Creating inventory parts for new manufactured components.
- Creating Manufacturing Routings for new components and assemblies.
- Being the first point of contact for day to day technical problems or quality issues arising from the production departments.
- Ensuring technical/quality problems are formally investigated and documented, following up as necessary to ensure good quality preventative actions are put in place to prevent recurrence on future production builds.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must have;
- Have completed or working towards completion of an apprenticeship in a relevant discipline.
- Have experience and a good understanding of working within an Assembly or Test environment.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to develop sustainable relationships across the business - internal staff/external suppliers.
- Have good planning and organisation skills and work using own initiative.
- Be able to work effectively under pressure whilst responding quickly to changing demands.
- Have computer skills with a good working knowledge of MS Office.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.