Programme Support Engineer
MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Programme Support Engineer to work in our Engineering Support Department.
The post holder will primarily assist with the production and testing of a suite of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical equipment. This will include designing a range of complex jigs, fixtures and testing equipment with supporting design analysis and calculations.
Duties will include:
- Providing input to estimates for the design of jigs, fixtures and test equipment.
- Producing quality designs and drawings for jigs, fixtures and special tools as required by manufacturing.
- Providing general technical support to in-house issues during manufacture and test.
- Creating effective solutions for equipment repair and refurbishment.
- Providing technical support and design/drawing capability in support of service team activities.
- Liaising effectively with production, purchasing and manufacturing teams.
- Maintaining regular communication and interaction within the workshop areas.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must have;
- BSc or BEng in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) or relevant completed apprenticeship.
- Experience with solid modeling design tools including structural analysis using finite element modeling.
- A flair for problem solving and innovation, a flexible approach to work activities.
- Track record of creating and checking high quality production drawings.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.