The successful candidate will report directly to a Principle Engineer and will provide the technical lead for projects. The Project Engineer will manage activities to ensure that design solutions are delivered on time, to budget and meet customer expectations.
Duties will include:
- Taking responsibility for the engineering content of a variety of marine based projects, including leading the project design team, technical compliance, budget and programme management and customer communication.
- Ensuring thorough project awareness from the initial requirement specification through to final customer acceptance.
- Providing innovative design solutions within timescale and budget, including supporting calculations and analysis.
- Ensuring that the product costs are established and optimised throughout the design evolution.
- Providing technical input to bids and enquiries.
- Solving problems experienced during equipment build and test in the workshop.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate will have;
- BSc or BEng in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) or relevant Apprenticeship with HNC.
- Experience with solid modeling design tools including structural analysis using finite element modeling.
- A flair for problem solving and innovation, a flexible approach to work activities.
- A track record of creating and checking high quality production drawings.
- A track record of leading technical projects.
The post holder must satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and meet the criteria above, please apply by sending a copy of your CV to email@example.com