This role reports directly to the Head of Project Management. The purpose of the role is to provide Project Management for new and ongoing contracts within the Department, to support the Projects Team in the execution of their Projects.
Duties will include:
- Manage customer relationships and communication
- Contract variations
- Customer visits and meetings
- Customer Reporting
- Project reviews
- Managing various factors including
- Financial management
- Change management
- Risk management
- Scope and contractual requirements
- Ensuring that Projects meet their agreed objectives.
- Ensure that their project(s) are progressing in accordance with the agreed plan
- Ensure that project information is updated and current
- Liaising with other departments within MacTaggart Scott to resolve any conflict or issues to schedule, cost or resources
- Managing and reporting I the financial performance of all allocated projects
- Ensure that invoices are raised in accordance with the agreed contractual conditions
- Generate new business, or variations to current contracts.
The successful candidate must have;
- City and Guilds , Scotvec, Degree or equivalent academic qualification
- Experience of managing projects
- Good Communication and negotiation skills
- The ability to work unaided and on own initiative
- Commercial awareness
- The ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through application of analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- The ability to persuade and influence people to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources.
- The ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- The ability to manage others.
- The ability to use Microsoft word packages for the preparation of reports.
Your future at MacTaggart Scott – What we offer you.
- As part of our Healthy Work-Life Balance employees can choose between a 4- or 5-day working week. Allowing you to fit work around your priorities and personal life, not the other way round.
- Flexible working hours between 07:00 and 19:00, and core hours of 09:30 – 15:30.
- Our leave policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, paid parental leave, military reservist leave, plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, with a dedicated Learning and Development team.
- A generous referral programme.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program as well as our Employee Assistance Programme and an onsite nurse.
- Onsite Canteen and Car Park
MacTaggart Scott primarily supports the Naval Defence industry, providing complete solutions to customer needs from analysis of initial customer requirements, to design and manufacture, and right through to commissioning and through life support. Established in 1898, we are proud of our history and tradition, but believe that sustainable competitive advantage can only be achieved through continuous improvement, investment, and a commitment to business excellence at every level within the company.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.