This role will be responsible for creating MS project schedules for major projects to support our bid proposals. They will be responsible for working with stakeholders to understand the work breakdown structure (scope of work), resource requirements, logic and lead times to develop prospects into detailed schedule for the execution team. They will also be responsible for setting up the schedules into our ERP system (IFS) for accepted contracts in preparation for execution. For key projects, the schedule support will carry across into the execution phase, supporting the projects team to maintain a valid plan and communicate schedule requirements, potential impact, and risk. The role will also provide support to departmental tasks such as creating resource profiles for capacity planning and processing material requirements planning.
Duties will include:
- Create and structure schedules and project timelines in MS project for bid prospects
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand the work breakdown structure, identify deliverables, define logic and durations to develop schedule
- Contribute to approval gates and project handover meetings by presenting schedules and communicating the plan, critical path and schedule risks to stakeholders
- Provide schedule support to the execution team for major projects.
- Develop resource profiles for bid prospects to assist with rough-cut capacity planning (RCCP)
- Transfer MS project schedules into IFS and prepare for the execution team
- Develop an understanding on of our product, bill of materials and material requirements planning (MRP) to support schedule development and MRP requests.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must have;
- Experience of working in a production/planning environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office packages. Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build strong internal working relationships across departments.
- Will have good organisation skills with the ability to prioritise effectively and complete tasks to deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to seek resources when required.
- Be committed to teamwork and able to work co-operatively and supportively as a team member.
- Strong proactive approach.
- Ability to drive process improvement.
Your future at MacTaggart Scott – What we offer you.
- As part of our Healthy Work-Life Balance employees can choose between a 4- or 5-day working week. Allowing you to fit work around your priorities and personal life, not the other way round.
- Flexible working hours between 07:00 and 19:00, and core hours of 09:30 – 15:30.
- Our leave policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, paid parental leave, military reservist leave, plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, with a dedicated Learning and Development team.
- A generous referral programme.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program as well as our Employee Assistance Programme and an onsite nurse.
- Onsite Canteen and Car Park
MacTaggart Scott primarily supports the Naval Defence industry, providing complete solutions to customer needs from analysis of initial customer requirements, to design and manufacture, and right through to commissioning and through life support. Established in 1898, we are proud of our history and tradition, but believe that sustainable competitive advantage can only be achieved through continuous improvement, investment, and a commitment to business excellence at every level within the company.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.