This role reports directly into the Head of Bids and Proposals. The purpose of the role is to co–ordinate the various Bid and Proposals activity within the received ITT / RFQ and to ensure the internal governance is maintained and the customer facing documents articulate a response that will position MTS best to win the work. The diverse products and a diverse customer base demands experience of submitting proposals to a varied and international audience.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of estimates and durations for the provision of spares, repairs, assemblies, major projects and support services.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of bid plans, when required, to support the bid timescales requested.
- Ownership and accountability for Bids from Gates 3 through to 6.
- Provide customer facing valued propositions that are well presented, well-articulated and capture the Unique Selling Points.
- When required, follow up on submissions with the client, or Sales Team, to establish status – won / lost.
- Prepare Gate Review documentation, as required, prior to internal approval.
- Contribute effectively to the Bid Process.
Liaison with internal departments including engineering, procurement and manufacturing to collate the necessary information for estimate and bid preparation and sign off on the Basis of Estimate.
- Creation and oversight of project estimates ensuring accuracy of estimated costs, escalation, contingencies and affordable margins.
- Preparation and submission of Commercial Proposals in conjunction with Sales and Bids and Proposals Manager, in accordance with the customers RFQ requirements and Company Procedures.
- Liaison with the customer through any RFQ iterations up to contract award.
- Assistance during negotiations of best and final pricing.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must have;
- A BSc or BEng in Mechanical Engineering or have served an Apprenticeship with HNC or equivalent qualification.
- Extensive experience in a similar role.
- Experience/knowledge in Business Development and Project Management within the defence industry.
- The ability to work on their own initiative and pro-actively manage all aspects of the bidding process.
- The ability to build effective working relationships and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Comprehensive customer service, negotiating and organisational skills.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Knowledge of commercial terms and conditions.
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft packages.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.