MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Quality Engineer to work within our Quality Assurance Department.
This role reports directly into the Quality Manager. The Quality Engineer is responsible for providing independent Quality Assurance and performing all quality tasks required on projects, orders and programs as defined in the Business Management System and by the Assistant Quality Manager.
Duties will include:
- Responsibility for ensuring key process owners undertake the development of their part of the quality management system.
- Identifying and addressing non-conformance issues.
- Conducting internal auditing.
- Acting as customer interface to establish strong working relationships – identifying potential issues, implementing preventative and corrective measures as required.
- Undertaking Process Improvement reviews throughout the business.
- Facilitating customer and third-party audits.
- Assisting the Quality Manager to achieve policy and objectives set for quality across the business.
- Overseeing the Quality Assurance and Quality Control functions by effective use of resources, including effective deputation of these responsibilities when absent.
- Supporting project and business Health, Safety and Quality plans and policies through operational implementation. Performing quality audits where required to ensure vendors continue to work in compliance with MTS contractual requirements.
- Training people within the Quality Department where required.
- Working with the Quality Coordinators on contract specific Issues.
Essential skills, experience, and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Have Auditor Certification.
- Have operational experience in a manufacturing environment and QA experience is essential.
- Have proven experience in a similar role with a thorough working knowledge of ISO9001.
- Technical Workshop experience of CNC, Welding, Testing and/or Fitting.
- Have good spoken and written communication skills.
- Be performance driven with a strong work ethic.
Your future at MacTaggart Scott – What we offer you.
- As part of our Healthy Work-Life Balance employees can choose between a 4- or 5-day working week. Allowing you to fit work around your priorities and personal life, not the other way round.
- Flexible working hours between 07:00 and 19:00, and core hours of 09:30 – 15:30.
- Our leave policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, paid parental leave, military reservist leave, plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, with a dedicated Learning and Development team.
- At MacTaggart Scott, your health and safety is one of our top priorities, and our onsite H&S team take a rigorous approach in managing risks and protecting you. Our H&S committee meets regularly to carry out their own checks and discuss what MTS can do to improve our standards.
- A generous referral programme.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program and committee, as well as our Employee Assistance Programme, and an onsite nurse.
- Onsite Canteen and Car Park
MacTaggart Scott primarily supports the Naval Defence industry, providing complete solutions to customer needs from analysis of initial customer requirements, to design and manufacture, and right through to commissioning and through life support. Established in 1898, we are proud of our history and tradition, but believe that sustainable competitive advantage can only be achieved through continuous improvement, investment, and a commitment to business excellence at every level within the company.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.