Research and Development Engineer
This role reports directly into the Development Manager (R&D). The purpose of the role is to improve and develop company products, technology and capabilities to support business growth.
Duties will include:
- To complete allocated technical activities for Engineering Department R&D projects.
- Identify, manage and execute R&D projects in an efficient manner.
- Identify areas of technical risk in addressing technical requirements and plan mitigation work.
- Contribute to the design review process and collaborative engineering problem-solving.
- Making recommendations and compiling technical reports for developed and future products.
- Contributing to ongoing business improvement initiatives and focused R&D, through participation in R&D planning activities.
- Proposing and developing equipment for new markets.
- Specifying equipment for prototype build and conducting / supporting in house testing and trials, including data capture and analysis.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Have a BSc, BEng or MEng in a relevant Engineering discipline or relevant apprenticeship with HNC.
- Have demonstrated a commitment to Continued Professional Development.
- Have a sound understanding of a broad range of general engineering principles.
- Be experienced in a Design or R&D role in a relevant sector, i.e. Naval, Defence, Rotating Machinery / Hydraulics.
- Have a working knowledge of 3D CAD and FEA software.
- Demonstrable skills in creating mathematical engineering models and simulations.
- Be a member of a professional engineering body.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.