Research and Development Engineer
MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Research and Development (R&D) Engineer to work in our R&D Department.
This role reports directly into the Development Manager. The purpose of the role is to improve and develop company products, technology and capabilities to support business growth.
Duties will include:
- Contributing to ongoing business improvement initiatives and focused R&D, through participation in R&D planning activities.
- Contribute to the design review process and collaborative engineering problem-solving.
- Identify, manage and execute R&D projects in an efficient manner.
- To complete allocated technical activities for Engineering Department R&D projects.
- Identify areas of technical risk in addressing technical requirements and plan mitigation work.
- Making recommendations and compiling technical reports for developed and future products.
- Proposing and developing equipment for new markets.
- Specifying equipment for prototype build and conducting / supporting in house testing and trials, including data capture and analysis.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Be experienced in a Design or R&D role in a relevant sector, i.e. Naval, Defence, Rotating Machinery / Hydraulics.
- Be a certified LabVIEW Developer and have working knowledge of; 3D CAD, FEA software, Simulink, Altair Embed.
- Have a BSc, BEng or MEng in a relevant Engineering discipline or relevant apprenticeship with HNC.
- Have demonstrated a commitment to Continued Professional Development.
- Have a sound understanding of a broad range of general engineering principles – including electrical and electronics and controls and instrumentation.
- Proven record in developing PLC based control systems.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the requirements of, MOD Security Clearance.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and meet the criteria above, please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com.