This role reports directly into the Chairman of the Company. The purpose of this role is to act as the security controller/designated company security officer to support the business and ensure the company complies with all relevant HMG regulations and policies.
Duties will include:
- Interpretation, implementation and monitoring of the security controls for the appropriate protection of HMG GSC assets held by the Company.
- To implement, update and maintain Company Security Instructions, Policies, Procedures and the Risk Management and Accreditation Documents (RMADS, SyOps) in accordance with Security Policy Framework.
- To advise internal departments and produce Security Aspects Letters (SALs) in conjunction with projects/bidding teams to UK and overseas contractors.
- Liaising with internal departments on all aspects of security, especially facilities management and IT.
- To apply and coordinate appropriate security controls for new and existing contracts.
- Managing Personnel Checks and Vetting; undertaking Baseline Personnel Security Standard checks and as Company Sponsor for UKSV clearances of employees according to specific job-roles.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of HMG Security Policy Framework and relevant overarching principles.
- Liaising with external HMG departments, e.g. MOD, DE&S/PSyA, DART, as required.
- To ensure that any breach of security is immediately reported to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Arranging appropriate security education and awareness training as required by MOD and contracting authorities to ensure all employees are conversant and adhere to required Company security policies and procedures.
Essential skills and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate will;
- Have experience of working in a similar role.
- Have completed DISA training and ideally be a member of DISA.
- Be able to meet demanding deadlines.
- Have good communication skills with a strong customer service focus.
- Have experience in leadership and decision making with the ability to build good working relationships and to influence across the company
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.