MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Security Officer to work in our Facilities Department.
The security officer on duty is responsible for the safety and security of the works and office premises as well as welcoming visitors to the Company and answering all incoming calls in the absence of the receptionist/switchboard operator. The post holder is also responsible for rendering first aid to personnel out with normal working hours.
Duties will include:
- Patrolling industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Answering alarms and investigating disturbances.
- Monitoring and authorising entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Documenting daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorised persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Administering first aid when required.
- Answering internal and external phone calls.
- Make tannoy announcements when required.
- Distributing keys and recording details.
- Being responsible for the wellbeing of the guard dog.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate will;
- Have excellent customer service skills both over the phone and face to face.
- Be PC literate and able to carry out a range of tasks using MS Office (Outlook, Word, etc).
- Have strong interpersonal and observational skills.
- Be reactive and have the ability to deal with situations as they arise.
- Have great attention to detail and be able to keep accurate records.
- Be able to work on your own using own initiative.
- Have the ability to work night shifts, unsociable hours and pick up overtime to complete handovers.
- Have full flexibility with regards to covering for colleagues during periods of sickness and holiday.
The post holder must satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements.
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a copy of you CV.