Senior Bids and Estimating Engineer
MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Senior Bid and Estimating Engineer to work in our Commercial Department.
This role reports directly into the Head of Bids and Proposals. The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the co-ordination of all Bidding activity within the agreed work package, from receipt of enquiry to submission of bid.
Duties will include:
- Ownership and accountability for Bids from Gates 3 through to 6.
- Preparation of estimates and durations for the provision of spares, repairs, assemblies, major projects and support services.
- Assisting with the creation and maintenance of bid plans, when required, to support the bid timescales requested.
- Liaison with internal departments including engineering, procurement and manufacturing to collate the necessary information for estimate and bid preparation and sign off on the Basis of Estimate.
- Creation and oversight of project estimates ensuring accuracy of estimated costs, escalation, contingencies and affordable margins.
- Preparation and submission of Commercial Proposals in conjunction with Sales and Head of Bids and Proposals, in accordance with the customers RFQ requirements and Company Procedures.
- Prepare commercial package and conduct project “hand over”, Gate 6, to the designated Project Manager, as required.
- Undertake appropriate Lessons Learned exercises when applicable.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must have;
- A BSc or BEng in Mechanical Engineering or have served an Apprenticeship with HNC or equivalent qualification.
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- The ability to work on their own initiative and pro-actively manage all aspects of the bidding process.
- The ability to build effective working relationships and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Comprehensive customer service, negotiating and organisational skills.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Knowledge of commercial terms and conditions.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the requirements of, MOD Security Clearance.