Senior Contract and Commercial Officer
Due to Company growth, MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Senior Contract and Commercial Officer to work in our Commercial Department.
This role reports directly into the Contract and Commercial Manager. The purpose of the role is to provide all aspects of post contract support to the business, both for our UK home market and internationally. This includes managing the delivery of contracts and customer orders, whilst also ensuring best practice and compliance in all areas of commercial activity.
Duties will include:
- Assessing commercial risks to the business and collaborating with colleagues to mitigate and manage those risks.
- Exercising an agreed delegated level of commercial authority, using the Bidding and Gate Review process, to approve the release of quotations with respect to the acceptance of orders.
- Ensuring departmental compliance with process and best practice.
- Reviewing/amending/drafting terms and conditions.
- Supporting the Bids Team and UK and International Business Managers.
- Applying CRM techniques and processes to external relationships.
- Investigating cost anomalies and resolving schedule conflicts.
- Managing change and variation in accordance with agreed terms and conditions.
- Attending and leading internal and customer project reviews and preparing minutes.
- Preparing progress reports and reviews for customers and management.
- Learning and understanding, as part of your ongoing growth and development, the importance of business risks, the commercial role within bidding, delivery terms, milestone payment plans, cash flow, intellectual property, business agreements et al.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Be qualified and/or suitably experienced in a related (commercial\business) discipline.
- Have knowledge of legal issues such as standard IP issues, profitability requirements, contract structure, terms and conditions, sub-contract considerations, and funding and payment plans.
- Be experienced in managing contract change.
- Have the ability to identify commercial risks and opportunities and to devise mitigations.
- Have the ability to adapt standard agreements.
- Have the ability to forge good working relationships and communicate with and influence customers and colleagues.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the requirements of, MOD Security Clearance.
To apply for this vacancy, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.