Senior Bid Coordinator
This role reports directly into the Head of Bids & Proposals. The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the co-ordination of all Bidding activity within the agreed work package, from receipt of enquiry to submission of bid. The Senior Bid Co-ordinator will work in conjunction with other departments as required. The role may involve both UK and International travel. The Senior Bid Co-ordinator will be required to deputise for the Head of Bids and Proposals on occasion, particularly during holiday and absence periods.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of estimates and durations for the provision of spares, repairs, in-service support and major projects.
- Creation and maintenance of bid plans, when required, to support the bid timescales requested.
- Ownership and responsibility for Bid activities through the business gated governance processes.
- When required, follow up on submissions with the Client and/or Business Development Team to establish status, themes and feedback.
- Prepare Governance Review documentation, as required, to support internal approval processes.
- Contribute effectively to the Bid Process.
- Liaison with internal stakeholders to collate the required information for bid preparation and sign off on the Basis of Estimate.
- Creation and oversight of project estimates ensuring accuracy of estimated costs, escalation, contingencies and affordable margins.
- Preparation and submission of Spares and Repairs Commercial Proposals in accordance with the customers RFQ requirements and Company Procedures.
- Liaison with the customer and internal stakeholders through any RFQ iterations up to contract award.
- Assistance during negotiations and best and final pricing.
- Review of awarded contracts for compliance with submitted proposal prior to acceptance.
- Input of estimating data into works management system in accordance with the agreed contract.
- Prepare commercial package and conduct project hand over to the delivery team.
- Undertake appropriate Lessons Learned exercises when applicable.
- Review departmental processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Support with the ongoing departmental continuous improvement strategy.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Proven experience and high performance in a similar role.
- Ability to work on their own initiative, pro‑actively manage their workload and deliver to deadlines.
- The ability to build effective working relationships and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Comprehensive Customer Service, Negotiating and Organisational skills.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Knowledge of commercial terms and conditions.
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft packages.
- Have knowledge of commercial terms and conditions.
- Have knowledge and experience of using Microsoft packages.
Your future at MacTaggart Scott – What we offer you.
- As part of our Healthy Work-Life Balance employees can choose between a 4- or 5-day working week. Allowing you to fit work around your priorities and personal life, not the other way round.
- Flexible working hours between 07:00 and 19:00, and core hours of 09:30 – 15:30.
- Our leave policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, paid parental leave, military reservist leave, plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, with a dedicated Learning and Development team.
- A generous referral programme.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program as well as our Employee Assistance Programme and an onsite nurse.
- Onsite Canteen and Car Park
MacTaggart Scott primarily supports the Naval Defence industry, providing complete solutions to customer needs from analysis of initial customer requirements, to design and manufacture, and right through to commissioning and through life support. Established in 1898, we are proud of our history and tradition, but believe that sustainable competitive advantage can only be achieved through continuous improvement, investment, and a commitment to business excellence at every level within the company.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.