Senior Project Manager
MacTaggart Scott are recruiting for a Senior Project Manager within our Projects Department.
This role reports directly into the Head of Project Management. The purpose of the role is to provide Project Management for new and ongoing contracts within the Department, to support the Projects Team in the execution of their Projects and to deputise for the Head of Projects when required. The Senior Project Manager will also manage Projects which carry greater risk and that are more commercially sensitive.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring that Projects are progressing in accordance with the agreed plan, including management of;
Scope and contractual requirements
- Managing customer relationships and communications, including contract variations, customer reporting and facilitating customer visits and meetings.
- Project reviews.
- Ensuring that Project information is updated and current.
- Liaising with other departments within the company to resolve any conflicts to schedule, cost or resources.
- Providing assistance to Project Managers and Project Coordinators in the execution of their Projects.
- Managing and reporting on the financial performance of all allocated projects (including risk and opportunities management).
- Deputising for the Head of Projects where necessary.
- Representing the Projects Department in Bid Projects as and when required.
- Creating Project Management estimates for Bid Projects as and when required.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must have;
- Either a City and Guilds, Scotvec, Degree or equivalent academic qualification.
- The ability to manage, persuade and influence people in order to elicit cooperation from a wide variation of sources.
- The ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure working environment whilst being able to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through application of analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Good risk management skills and knowledge.
- Have the ability to interpret detailed project schedules and budgets.
- Have experience working with overseas customers and markets.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.