Service Technician (Mechanical)
MacTaggart Scott is looking to recruit a Mechanical Service Technician to work in our Service Department.
This role reports directly into the Service Manager. The purpose of the role is to carry out a range of mechanical and hydraulic tasks for all MacTaggart Scott equipment and occasionally on equipment manufactured by others. Tasks range from installation and commissioning to in-service support and fault finding. Operating worldwide, the Service Technician must be capable of working within a high pressure environment, using initiative, and be able to carry out tasks in a professional manner, often at short notice.
Duties will include:
· Supervising and assisting with the installation phase of major projects.
· Carrying out commissioning and acceptance activities for new and refurbished equipment.
· Providing effective training for the operation and maintenance of installed equipment.
· Carrying out fault diagnosis and repair.
· Conducting equipment surveys and making appropriate recommendations.
· Supervising and assisting with major refit projects.
· Co-ordinating work packages and supervising subcontract personnel and teams.
· Preparing high quality technical reports and survey reports.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must:
- Hold a BSc or BEng in Mechanical Engineering or have completed a relevant apprenticeship with qualification (HNC, City & Guilds, Scotvec, etc).
- Have a proven track record of working on surface ship and submarine systems, or heavy mechanical equipment within a marine environment.
- Have knowledge of hydraulic systems.
- Be able to interpret mechanical, hydraulic and electrical drawings and documents.
- Be able to manage changing priorities while working unaided and executing tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Have a flexible approach to working patterns and willingness to learn.
- Be able to produce high standard technical reports using Microsoft Office packages.
- Have an appreciation of PLC control systems for operating mechanical and hydraulic machinery.
- Be confident and willing to work away from home in foreign countries.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and meet, the criteria above please apply by completing an internal application form, in your own handwriting, with your current CV and handing in to HR. Internal candidates should speak to their line manager in the first instance before applying for this role no later than the closing date.