Stores and Despatch
This role reports directly into the Stores and Despatch Team Leaders, working closely with them to ensure the smooth running of the department.
Duties will include:
- Receipting of delivery notes via suppliers, check for accuracy and unload goods.
- Unloading delivery vehicles with a fork-lift or crane.
- Processing information on Company ERP system (IFS) to book goods in.
- Making up Kits from pick lists sourcing from various stores locations.
- Picking finished goods from stock that are ready to go to our customers.
- Ensuring finished components are adequately protected, handled/transported safely and efficiently between stores and despatch departments.
- Packing goods to the required standards.
- Ensuring all required paperwork and documentation is complete for despatch of goods.
Building packing crates to required sizes using woodworking machinery (full training to be given).
Essential skills and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate will;
- Have a valid UK driving licence.
- Have knowledge and experience using computer packages; Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel. A fairly high percentage of the day to day activities will involve computer work.
- Have good attention to detail and the ability to keep accurate records.
- Be able to work on their own with minimum supervision.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team.
- Have good communication skills.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.