MacTaggart Scott are recruiting for a Subcontract Principal to join our Commercial Department.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Commercial and is responsible for managing specific subcontracts through the life cycle of the company’s projects from the bid and proposal stage through to the subcontractor delivery and any contract completion.
Duties will also include:
- Participating in the bid proposal stage of a project by providing details on schedule, cost and subcontractor / project risk.
- Negotiation of subcontracts within Project budget and programme constraints.
- Being the primary interface between MTS and subcontractors for all business interactions.
- Managing project costs, schedules and risks for subcontract elements throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Performing surveillance audits to measure progress against a baselined plan and provide early identification of problems or threats to the programme.
- Working with the subcontractor and the MTS Engineering team to identify and implement corrective action to keep the programme on track.
- Protecting the commercial interests of the company in relation to subcontracts being awarded and managed.
- Liaising with various departments in order to investigate and resolve subcontractor related issues.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate will have;
- A professional qualification in a related discipline and/or will have prior experience in an engineering environment.
- Subcontract Management, Purchasing or Project Management experience.
- Knowledge and experience of contract terms and conditions.
- Project Management skills including a good awareness of risk and risk control strategies.
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills to build productive relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- Be able to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.