Supplier Quality Coordinator
MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Supplier Quality Coordinator to work within our Quality Assurance Department.
This role reports directly into the Quality Manager. The purpose of the role is to support the Quality Manager, Assistant Quality Manager and Supplier Quality Engineer to deliver the appropriate level of supplier quality.
Duties will include:
- Visiting supplier facilities on occasion and performing a release inspection.
- Visiting supplier facilities on occasion to witness tests and inspections on products in accordance with MTS contractual Quality requirements.
- Reviewing documentation from vendors monitoring any defects found to ensure that items are free to run at MTS on receipt.
- Taking part in quality audits where required to ensure suppliers continue to work in compliance with MacTaggart Scott contractual requirements.
- Audits (Audit training will be supplied if required).
- Interacting with suppliers, customers, and visitors.
- Reviewing supplier contract reviews to ensure MacTaggart Scott quality requirements can be met.
- The reports and analysis on supplier quality, defect rates and areas of required improvement.
- Photocopying, scanning, filing, and compiling applicable Supplier Quality documentation.
- Initial review of Material, NDT, Welding, Load Test, Test, Dimensional and Paint Certification, etc from the supply chain.
- Use of Nitro Pro to add stamps and document numbers. Ensuring Suppliers Material Certification is scanned and attached into the ERP (IFS) system as required and that any Quality Control forms are completed and scanned as appropriate.
- The upkeep of supplier accreditations and assessments in support of the QMS.
- Typing meeting notes, and forms among other documents.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Be self-motivated.
- Have good communication skills.
- Have good attention to detail.
- Have good typing skills.
- Have good organisational skills.
- Be able to prioritize efficiently.
- Be able work alone or as part of a team.
- Be Reliable
Your future at MacTaggart Scott – What we offer you.
- As part of our Healthy Work-Life Balance employees can choose between a 4- or 5-day working week. Allowing you to fit work around your priorities and personal life, not the other way round.
- Flexible working hours between 07:00 and 19:00, and core hours of 09:30 – 15:30.
- Our leave policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, paid parental leave, military reservist leave, plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, with a dedicated Learning and Development team.
- At MacTaggart Scott, your health and safety is one of our top priorities, and our onsite H&S team take a rigorous approach in managing risks and protecting you. Our H&S committee meets regularly to carry out their own checks and discuss what MTS can do to improve our standards.
- A generous referral programme.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program and committee, as well as our Employee Assistance Programme, and an onsite nurse.
- Onsite Canteen and Car Park
MacTaggart Scott primarily supports the Naval Defence industry, providing complete solutions to customer needs from analysis of initial customer requirements, to design and manufacture, and right through to commissioning and through life support. Established in 1898, we are proud of our history and tradition, but believe that sustainable competitive advantage can only be achieved through continuous improvement, investment, and a commitment to business excellence at every level within the company.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.