Supply Chain Manager (Central Procurement)
MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Supply Chain Manager (Central Procurement) who would report to the Deputy Head of Supply Chain.
MacTaggart Scott is seeking experienced and driven Senior Project Buyers / Supply Chain Managers that are looking to excel in a new role, with the opportunity to embed and realise optimal sourcing solutions.
The Procurement and Supply Chain function at MTS is undergoing a transformation to ensure the function delivers optimal support to aid the company in achieving its business goals. As a growing company with an increasing order book, we are building an innovative, resilient and sustainable supply chain to support this.
The post holder will be responsible for management of the Central Procurement sub-function, ensuring all non-project (and pan-project) specific goods and services are successfully sourced and managed in adherence to company and project needs and requirements. The role includes management of outsourced process supply chain and operational (facilities) procurement requirements also.
The post holder will be a self-starter with the ability to seek out improvements and support their team in their continued professional development. The post holder will also be responsible for leadership, mentoring and line management skills of their direct reports and must be an effective communicator.
Duties will include:
- Support delivery of the functions’ overall Procurement and Supply Chain Strategy, in turn supporting achievement of the company’s corporate goals.
- Ensure that all procurement data is maintained on systems, including ERP, to support accurate supplier, contract and bid management.
- Mentoring, developing and managing a team of direct reports, including performance appraisal and objective management, as well as management of standard personnel matters (attendance, holidays, disciplinary issues etc.).
- Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement, seeking to deliver enhanced material supply solutions.
- Ensure all activities comply with company policies, procedures and reporting requirements, keeping procurement procedures and documents maintained as appropriate.
- Help to grow and develop strategic supplier relationships, ensuring all supply chain activities meet operational schedule requirements, adopting supply chain / sourcing strategies to support required timescales.
- Maintain a strong understanding of supply chain risks, opportunities and cost baselines, with the ability to analyse and understand total procurement costs, implement cost management whilst meeting quality standards, and support the business in mitigating overall supply chain risk.
- Effectively manage associated contracts, including negotiation, implementation / kick off, and delivery, to ensure contractual risk to MacTaggart Scott is minimized.
- Develop an extensive and informed external network, enabling the post holder to stay informed on relevant market or industry changes, new technologies or supply solutions, and emerging markets Work collaboratively and cross functionally to optimize functional delivery – ensure all central procurement demands are met on time, to the right quality and right cost.
- Undertake RFQ process, order placement, and contract and supplier management to ensure workload across the team is appropriately managed.
- Manage and drive visibility of supplier performance metrics and management / improvement plans with relevant suppliers.
- Provide commodity knowledge and support to staff across a range of commodity areas, such as raw material sourcing, forgings etc.
- Implement and coordinate a strategic approach to outsourced process management (e.g. heat treatment / coatings) to ensure capacity and capability are always available to support operational needs.
- Provide a route of issue escalation and resolution, for example providing expert support in supplier negotiations, for staff and colleagues.
- Presentation of procurement metrics and status reports at organizational regular meetings.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Degree within a business, procurement or related field / CIPS level 4.
- Previous experience of line management to deliver results.
- Contract and supplier management skills.
- Competent in negotiation of contract terms.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills (written, oral and presentation).
- Previous experience in use of ERP systems.
- Competency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Be able to work positively and collaboratively with the wider stakeholder community, both internal and external.
- Be able to pro-actively and effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and deliver results.
- Have self-discipline, motivation, the ability to organise your workload and overcome problems as they arise.
Your future at MacTaggart Scott – What we offer you.
- As part of our Healthy Work-Life Balance employees can choose between a 4- or 5-day working week. Allowing you to fit work around your priorities and personal life, not the other way round.
- Flexible working hours between 07:00 and 19:00, and core hours of 09:30 – 15:30.
- Our leave policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, paid parental leave, military reservist leave, plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, with a dedicated Learning and Development team.
- At MacTaggart Scott, your health and safety is one of our top priorities, and our onsite H&S team take a rigorous approach in managing risks and protecting you. Our H&S committee meets regularly to carry out their own checks and discuss what MTS can do to improve our standards.
- A generous referral programme.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program and committee, as well as our Employee Assistance Programme, and an onsite nurse.
- Onsite Canteen and Car Park
MacTaggart Scott primarily supports the Naval Defence industry, providing complete solutions to customer needs from analysis of initial customer requirements, to design and manufacture, and right through to commissioning and through life support. Established in 1898, we are proud of our history and tradition, but believe that sustainable competitive advantage can only be achieved through continuous improvement, investment, and a commitment to business excellence at every level within the company.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.