Supply Chain Manager (Pre-Contract Support)
MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Supply Chain Manager (Pre-Contract Support) who would report to the Deputy Head of Supply Chain.
The Procurement and Supply Chain function at MTS is undergoing a transformation to ensure the function delivers optimal support to aid the company in achieving its business goals. As a growing company with an increasing order book, we are building an innovative, resilient and sustainable supply chain to support this.
In support of this, the Supply Chain Manager (Pre-Contract Support) will be responsible for coordination and successful execution of all bid and pre contract activity across the function, in particular leading on major bids, spare and repairs activity. The post holder will also be responsible for coordination and control of the functions’ supplier onboarding activity – ensuring potential new suppliers are engaged and assessed in collaboration with internal stakeholders. The post holder will also be responsible for ensuring all technical support requirements (e.g. for obsolescence management) are progressed in a timely manner.
The post holder must understand the cost breakdown associated with supplier quotations and price modelling, such that opportunities for cost reduction can be recognised.
The post holder will require to seek out and drive continual improvement across the sub function, ensuring the capacity and capability of the team, combined with system and process, supports a high degree of efficiency and accuracy.
The post holder will be a self-starter with the ability to seek out improvements and support their team in their continued professional development. The post holder will also be responsible for leadership, mentoring and line management skills of their direct reports and must be an effective communicator.
Duties will include:
- Support delivery of the functions’ overall Procurement and Supply Chain Strategy, in turn supporting achievement of the company’s corporate goals.
- Act as key interface to all bid activity with MTS Bid and Commercial functions, ensuring bid scheduling is clear and procurement resource identified.
- Ensure that all procurement data is maintained on systems, including ERP, to support accurate bid management, as well as ensuring procurement process / procedures are maintained.
- Ensure supplier quotations meet commercial, technical and quality requirements and where appropriate quotations or specifications are challenged to ensure solutions and costs are feasible and sustainable.
- Demonstrate a high degree of commercial acumen and understanding of key supply chain / market drivers, including use of relevant market indices.
- Provide sound commodity and service costing input as required for bid activity.
- Provide input and support to Central Procurement and Project Delivery colleagues where required in support of bid requirements, technical support and supplier onboarding activity. Undertake RFQ process, order placement, and contract and supplier management as required to ensure workload across the function is appropriately managed.
- Mentoring, developing and managing a team of direct reports, including performance appraisal and objective management, as well as management of standard personnel matters (attendance, holidays, disciplinary issues etc.).
- Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement, seeking to optimize existing processes, eliminate duplication of effort and enhance quality and reliability of data.
- Ensure all activities comply with company policies, procedures and reporting requirements.
- Lead, or support, supplier negotiations as required, including review and negotiation of contractual terms.
- Develop an extensive and informed external network, enabling the post holder to stay informed on relevant market or industry changes, new technologies or supply solutions, and emerging markets.
- Provide a route of issue escalation and resolution, for example providing expert support in supplier negotiations, for staff and colleagues.
- Presentation of procurement metrics and status reports at organizational regular meetings.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Degree within a business, procurement or related field / CIPS level 4.
- Previous experience of line management to deliver results.
- Good understanding of commodity cost profiling and cost negotiation.
- Experience of end to end bid activity and use of Bills of Materials (BOM) and Product Requirements Document (PRD).
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Experience of use of Incoterms.
- Effective communication skills (written, oral and presentation).
- Previous experience in use of ERP systems.
- Competency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Be able to work positively and collaboratively with the wider stakeholder community, both internal and external.
- Be able to pro-actively and effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and deliver results.
- Have self-discipline, motivation, the ability to organise your workload and overcome problems as they arise.
Your future at MacTaggart Scott – What we offer you.
- As part of our Healthy Work-Life Balance employees can choose between a 4- or 5-day working week. Allowing you to fit work around your priorities and personal life, not the other way round.
- Flexible working hours between 07:00 and 19:00, and core hours of 09:30 – 15:30.
- Our leave policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, paid parental leave, military reservist leave, plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, with a dedicated Learning and Development team.
- At MacTaggart Scott, your health and safety is one of our top priorities, and our onsite H&S team take a rigorous approach in managing risks and protecting you. Our H&S committee meets regularly to carry out their own checks and discuss what MTS can do to improve our standards.
- A generous referral programme.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program and committee, as well as our Employee Assistance Programme, and an onsite nurse.
- Onsite Canteen and Car Park
MacTaggart Scott primarily supports the Naval Defence industry, providing complete solutions to customer needs from analysis of initial customer requirements, to design and manufacture, and right through to commissioning and through life support. Established in 1898, we are proud of our history and tradition, but believe that sustainable competitive advantage can only be achieved through continuous improvement, investment, and a commitment to business excellence at every level within the company.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.