Technical Materials Co-ordinator
MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Technical Materials Co-ordinator to work within the Engineering Support department.
The primary purpose of the role is to input and maintain technical Bill of Material (BoM) information on the company ERP(Enterprise Resource Planning) system and the control & distribution of technical drawings. In addition to the primary tasks, assistance will be required for control of other technical documents including Tariff Codes, Requests for Quotes and Nato Stock Numbers (NSN).
Duties will include:
- Input and maintain technical Bill of Material (BoM) information on the company ERP system.
- Assist in fulfilling valid Requests for Quotations.
- Allocation of Tariff Codes for components, as required.
- Provide information in support of Nato Stock Number (NSN) activities.
- Print manufacturing drawings for use in workshops and by sub-contractors.
- Distribute manufacturing drawings for use in workshops and by sub-contractors.
- Record distribution and issue status of drawings (paper or electronic) in the drawing record files.
- Print other documents, as required, to suit business needs.
Essential skills and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate will;
- Have the ability to input effective technical BoMs and a thorough understanding of how these are structured and used.
- Be willing to solve problems with a flexible and helpful approach to work activities.
- Have the ability to provide effective printing, control and distribution of manufacturing drawings.
- Have an understanding of how controlled manufacturing drawings are used.
- Be competent with using Microsoft Office packages and the ability to input and maintain data with high accuracy.
- Have knowledge of mechanical / hydraulic / electrical handling systems.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.