Technical Materials Coordinator
MacTaggart Scott are recruiting for a Technical Materials Co-ordinator to work within the Engineering Support Department. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to gain qualifications within engineering whilst in the role, making this position an excellent opportunity for development.
The primary purpose of the role is to input and maintain technical Bill of Material (BoM) information on the company ERP(Enterprise Resource Planning) system and the control & distribution of technical drawings. In addition to the primary tasks, assistance will be required for control of other technical documents including Tariff Codes, Requests for Quotes and Nato Stock Numbers (NSN).
Duties will include:
- Record distribution and issue status of drawings (paper or electronic) in the drawing record files.
- Distribute manufacturing drawings for use in workshops and by sub-contractors.
- Print manufacturing drawings for use in workshops and by sub-contractors.
- Provide information in support of Nato Stock Number (NSN) activities.
- Allocation of Tariff Codes for components, as required.
- Assist in fulfilling valid Requests for Quotations.
- Input and maintain technical Bill of Material (BoM) information on the company ERP system.
- Print other documents, as required, to suit business needs.
Essential skills and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate will have;
- Previous experience of working with technical documentation.
- A natural aptitude for detail and correctness.
- An understanding of the importance of accuracy within manufacturing drawings are how they are controlled.
- A willingness to solve problems with a flexible and helpful approach to work activities.
- A good level of competency with Microsoft Office packages and the ability to input and maintain data with high accuracy.
- Ability to communicate well with all areas of the business.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.